Sunday, January 29, 2012

More Destruction

I'm continuing on with the removal of stuff that's no longer needed including the gussets that support the deck beams.  I might have left them in but, I think I will need to relocate one to the beam that ends up in the head. It will be much simpler to relocate one rather than trying to create a new one that will match.  I'll support the beam with the new beam that will be installed to support the new seats (lazerette).

Notice how cleanly the fiberglas tape came away from the hull. This has been a theme on Blackheart as everything I have removed has come off with a bit of prying. Saved a lot of sanding time.  I believe the tape was applied over top of the hull glass without de-waxing or sanding.  Not very structurally sound!



 The lower half of the cockpit walls are in bad condition, not much more than paint holding sawdust in place!  The damage is due to the water infiltrating at the openings for locker doors and around the gauge cluster. Rather than re-installing the mahogany locker door, I'm going to relocate the gauge cluster in that location and install a smaller water tight door next to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment