Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blackheart - Peterson 35 Salilboat Project

Hello,
I hope to document my progress on the repairs and upgrades I plan to undertake on Blackheart, my 1978 Cooper Yachts - Peterson 35 (Ganbare one tonner design).
This is my first attempt at Blogging, so I hope you will provide feedback on how I can improve it as I go along.

I purchased Blackheart in September of 2010 and she was biginning to show her age as the previous owner was not able to keep up with the maintenance.

Besides needing a thorough scrubbing inside, she has a few major issues;

  • foresail foil is outdated and held together with duct tape - New Harkin Mark IV on order

  • sails are pretty rough - repairs will see us through a season or two, but new sails are on the wish list, replace #4 luff tape with #6 for new furler

  • replace halyards and sheets

  • replace mast base stand up blocks with base collar and new teardrop blocks

  • repair/replace foredeck hatch
  • deck leaks - all through deck mounted hardware will be resealed - apply fresh coating of Cetol
  • deck rot - two small sections of teak deck will need replacing
  • cockpit rot - two small section of the cockpit side walls are rotten this boat was built for serious racing and has no lazerette seating which I intend add
  • cabin top rot - small area of rot near mast
  • replace cushions throughout
  • replace teak sole boards
  • remodel V-berth
  • remodel head
  • repair/replace engine guages
Well that's about it for tonight











2 comments:

Travis and Maggie said...

oooh what a beauty! Good luck on the projects, we're going on year four of our restorations!

Unknown said...

I like the tips that you posted here on what is the best move on acquiring accessories for your boat. This is really useful stuff here.

Voyage Electronics

Post a Comment